Tuesday, October 31, 2006

No Title

My love comes dressed in white
Lost light, dark down.
When comes the darkness and the dawn
Cannot be found
But night
My love comes dressed in white.

My love has wandered in the desert
Known the burning of relentless sand.
My love has wandered barefoot
Known the sullen sunken northern sun.
My proud-plumed phoenix love comes dressed in white
And blinds with the rainbow array of his knowing.

I have seen the darkness down.
I have seen the eyes of emptiness,
Shoulders falling, dripping slowly.
Steps slow, gaze turned to another place.

There are no answers there my love.

My love has seen the desert.
In his bowed neck I have seen the desert.
My love comes dressed in white
And slowly we pace the distance between
Three days ago and now.
Along this road words meet in
The small air between us
Regard each other
Circle, smell and measure each other.
My eyes alight, alight, on your wrist, your shoulder,
Your neck
No longer desert-bent but intent
On the small newness newborn before you.

My white love, lantern-like
Dark down. Light found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home